Are you a DIY woodworker? Well, if you are, you would love to have lots of tools available by your side to help you with your creativity. Speaking of a woodworker, a saw is compulsory. With these days modern technology, a portable saw offers a really quick and more convenient woodwork far beyond the traditional, conventional hand saw. They have the capacity to offer bigger wood cutting, portability, more sturdy deployment, metric support, improved safety condition, and a lot more. Different portable saw provides various features, and you will have to choose the best one that works just exactly right for your own conditions. You can, of course, always go for a fancy one with all top quality parts and more convenient at a higher cost, or you can pick the one that serves just what you need at a more affordable cost.
- Buyer’s Guide to buying the best portable saw
- Delta Power Tools 36-6020 10″ Portable Table Saw with Stand
- SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw with 25″ Rip Capacity
- 4″ Mini Electric Table Saw with 2 Blades
- Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw
- Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
- SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
- Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
- DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
Buyer’s Guide to buying the best portable saw
In our workshop, we have conducted testing on numerous types of portable saw in terms of their quality and how they are helpful for various types of woodwork. Evidently, a different type of saw produced variety of result and the quality is somehow a bit different from each other too. Coming to pick a saw, here are some tips and points to look at before you buy one.
- Safety: As always and above all else, I do recommend prioritizing the safety corner. An electric portable saw can cause fatal injuries. Any saw without proper safety precautions installed is not recommended. If you need to buy a portable saw, find the one with at least an adjustable protective covers around the blade.
- Multi-function: Most definitely a saw would be used to cut wood, and every single portable saw is delivering the job. But there are some which allow you to cut more than just wood. With a specially built blade, you might be able to cut through metal, concrete, and more. Some portable saws come with multiple pieces of the blade which you can switch them to fit the material you are cutting.
- Size and Space: It is also good to consider your available space to store the saw. A bigger one does a better job with more functions but it takes more space as well. If you have a large store room or workshop, and there is a need that you use it more often, a bigger one wouldn’t be a problem. If you just need them for a family use, you may just need only a compact and light one which take up little space.
- The Add-ons: For the electric portable saw, you don’t just buy only a saw. A competitive saw comes with more add-ons that help you with your You may want to find the ones with an additional function such as meter gauge, leveler, wrenches, etc.
- Portability: The portable saw must do its job in being easy to pack and move. Some saw is better than the others in this field. There are those designed to be very agile that they come with adjustable wheels so you could easily move them around. Weight is also another factor to look at when speaking of the portability.
With all of these pieces of information in mind, you are now ready to grab your own portable saw. In the description below, we are reviewing the top 10 best portable table saw of the year aiming at proving you more information and function of the saw.
Delta Power Tools 36-6020 10″ Portable Table Saw with Stand
Let’s start with the top and tenth stander among the best portable table saw in this year, and it goes to the Delta Power Tools. This one is designed with maximum mobility that you can always move it anywhere you like. The stand, attached with two wheels, does both the job in being the sturdy stand for your work and the transporter. The weight, size, and dimensions make this portable saw fit either your business shop or your DIY room. Let’s come to look specifically into this product features. It comes with a 10-inches blade installed onto a metal body with an aluminum top that eases up your slide. The blade could also be retracted to below the table surface leaving you all the space needed for more wood preparation or cleaning up. With this saw, you don’t have to install any extra fence as it already comes built-in.
Here are some other product specifications you may find them useful.
- Weight: 89 pounds
- Onboard storage
- Protective cover around the blade
- Big on/off button
- Meter gauge included
SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table Saw with 25″ Rip Capacity
Are you looking for a compact, lightweight portable saw? Well, look n more. Here, we present you the SPT70WT model from SKILSAW. The total weight of this saw is only 49 pounds that you can just simply move it anywhere anytime. This is the first ever saw that uses the brass-geared Worm Drive which produces the strongest power and torque. At this rate, the cutting speed is greatly improved and if compared to other saws, this one is quite fast. The fence and metric gauge are built right onto this saw and it has the function of self-aligning.
Some other features:
- Safety guaranteed
- Convenient on-tool storage for your gears
- 25 inches rip capacity
4″ Mini Electric Table Saw with 2 Blades
This is the smallest portable saw of them all, yet the functions and performance are quite massive. The saw comes with 2 different blades, each of which serves a different purpose. The 24-tooth carbide tip blade is just perfect for cutting woods while the diamond coated blade is super fit for metal works. Since the size of the blade is quite small, this portable saw is able to cut through a piece of wood or metal at a maximum width of 10 inches. There are also some drawback points that you could consider before coming to purchase this one. Firstly, it has no protective cover surrounding the blade that might put you more at risk. Secondly, it has no other extra tool attached to it, so you may work all things manually. However, this is the mini blade. What else could you ask more of it? All you need is to be more careful when you are handling the job.
Product key features:
- Compact size, lightweight, and consume minimum space
- Meter gauge attached
- Wobble-free design
- Easy off/on button
Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw
Here is another portable saw design for maximum mobility and durability. The saw is made very compact and light. The balanced one-handed carry handle allows you to pick it up easily. You can also simply attach it to a wheel-stander, and you are ready to move it around either at your house or a job site. The frame and body use all-steel-base matter material that assures the longer-term usage. The saw also has very large room underneath the main table for all your needed gears. Included in this package, there comes a carbide saw blade, a rip fence, a miter gauge, a push stick, and 2 wrenches to ease you up in changing the blade.
Below are some more qualities you may find them helpful.
- Smart Guard cover
- Reliable true cut technology
- Self-aligning rip fence
- Big and easy on/off button
Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
This Craftsman table saw comes with all the tool you need, including the table itself, a carbide blade and wrenches, the anti-kickback pawls, a push stick, miter gauge and rip fence, and the blade guard. All are detached from one another but you can simply mount them together as one. It also has a very sturdy stand for your cutting job. The cutting experience was so quick and effortless being enriched by a smooth table steel surface, the adaptive miter gauge and the anti-pushback pawls which grant full and accurate control during the work. People are commending the quietness of the saw during the cutting job.
Product other key features:
- Safety tool equipped
- Fast and accurate cutting
- Easy to move around
SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
Now we have a nice-looking portable table saw on our 5th in the list. This table saw from SKIL has a very large flat aluminum surface that is extra-big compared to the other competitor saws. “You get what you pay for!” This is the most common words people talked about it. At an affordable cost, the saw is performing very well in the cutting job and product a hard-to-distinguish result from the expensive ones. Due to its compact size and lightweight, this tool is recommended for a DIY project and a mini job site. The rip fence is self-aligning and helps you all the way during the cut and, for sure, it grants you a very effortless sawing experience.
Other product features:
- 10-inch carbide blade
- Protective cover
- Miter gauge attached
- Sturdy and heavy-duty stand
- EZ view measurement system
Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
Look at this small and compact portable saw at only less than 15 pounds! The cutting capability is not limited by the size and weight. This saw is able to cut through versatile of materials including woods, metal, tiles, and plastic. Adding on top of this, it is able to perform the rip, scroll, miter and internal cuts. Having one of these save you from loads of works. The best part of it is that you can quickly set it up in just less than 10 seconds, just like a plug and play. The only down part of this saw is that it could not accommodate big pieces.
Here are some key features:
- Low cost
- Small and compact
- Easy on/off button
- Mini additional tools attached: miter gauge and protective cover
- T-shank jigsaw blade used
DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
DEWALT has been a very famous and competitive firm producing a vast majority of industrial power tools and accessories with high standard quality. On the portable saw, DEWALT is still one of the best leading manufacturers. Here, I would like to draw your attention to this signature yellow DWE7491RS.
The first thing people are proud of it is the functionality and portability. It has a 32-1/2 inches rip capacity which cuts very fast through pieces of woods assisted by the adjustable rip fence that ensure an accurate adjustment and control. On the portability, it comes with a very nice sturdy stand that endures hard jobs. There are also two wheels attached to the stand that eases up the mobility. Second thing, it is well known for the common applications on a wide range of woodwork type. People can use it for cabinet or hardwood floor installation, trimming, deck building, remodeling, and serious woodworking. Lastly, it comes with additional tools and gears for your job such as the rolling stand, push stick, and miter gauge.
Product key features:
- Full mobility
- Safety guaranteed
- Quick and fast ripping
- Large table surface
Bosch 4100-09 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand
Second of them all, we have the 4100 series from Bosch. I had to admit this one is quite a competitor to DEWALT. The main reason this portable saw comes to its popularity is the fact that it is equipped with the latest technology and design from the manufacturer, the Smart Guard System and the SqareLock rip fence. You can have a maximum control over your cutting project at little efforts with full protective gears. On the mobility, this saw uses the Gravity-rise initiative that allows it to be folded vertically and move around on a two-wheeler stand.
Some other product key features:
- True cut experience
- Very fast cut
- Large table surface
DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
Here comes the bestseller of all in the market with a remarkable quality known to the users. Let’s hear about the DEWALT DW745. At a maximum rip capacity of 20-inches with an 1850 Watt motor, supported by a portable, adjustable rip fence, the saw can cut a thick piece of wood is just a very quick moment at a minimum level of effort. Most of the control which includes precision and pushback protection are done by the machine and you just need to slide the material through. Believe it or not, this saw is only just 22 Kg that you can carry it around anywhere on your job site. If you aim for the best quality, aim for this one.
- Consistent and powerful for fast ripping
- 15 amp, high-torque motor
- Modular guard system that protects hands and fingers
- Fully portable
- Full gears attached: 10-inch blade, miter gauge, and push sticks
- Three-year limited warranty
This is the end of the review, and you will notice that 2 products or brands are very popular and outstanding, the DEWALT and Bosch. These are giant market sharers and top quality producers. You may go for these two if you wish for the extra superior quality or you can consider the runners up.