Beside electric power, air is also a useful resource of power. In order to store those air, the engineer has invented the machine called air compressor to absorb air to the tank. After storing air to the tank, the machine can make the pressure that can be used when attached to air tools. An air compressor is a pneumatic tool that can perform a variety of tasks. Air tools gave more benefits than electric power tools for some work. A compressor and be used with air tools for maintenance and craft projects around the house, do some jobs in a garage, or construct projects on the job site. The air tools contain pneumatic nail guns, hammers, spray guns, wrenches, drills, sprayers, sanders, saws, tire inflators etc., that can pump up the tires, paint a fence, build a deck, repair your roof, or paint others equipment.
- Tips to know before buying air compressor:
- Hyundai HHC8QCC 8 gallon Ultra-Quiet Portable Electric Air Compressor
- PowRyte 500144 Elite 3 Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Portable Air Compressor & 2 In 1 Nailer/Stapler Kit
- Champion Sports Ultra-Quiet Air Compressor Inflator
- Campbell Hausfeld Quiet Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Half the Noise, All the Power (DC060500)
- DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor
- California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor
- Briggs & Stratton 4.5-Gallon Quiet Power Technology Air Compressor 074045-00
- PORTER-CABLE CMB15 150 PSI 1.5 Gallon Oil-Free Fully Shrouded Compressor
- Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor
- Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
Tips to know before buying air compressor:
Actually, you don’t really want to waste money buying random products to fit your requirement. Since air compressor can be operated in many various jobs, it is designed in many sorts of size and style. Even though air compressors are available in lots of types, you still can find the best one that satisfied you. In order to get the right one, you can follow some tips below:
- Air tools: The most important thing to know is those air tools that you use in your job because compressor only stores the air and give power to air tools. You should consider what air tools you will use and how many of them.
- Workspace: The compressor really needs some space to be placed. Take a look at your workspace, and you will know how big the compressor that can be placed. Moreover, you should know that it will be needed to move around your working area to do your job.
- Tank size: The bigger tank, more air can be stored. If you work a lot with air tools, you really need a big tank; so that you can use it for a long time, and it won’t interrupt your works. Not only more air can be stored, but also more power and strong power they can produce. A big tank with lots of air and the powerful air is good, but if you just do a small job a big tank is not really useful. There is also small size tank, medium, and others size, that you can choose freely.
- Air pressure: The main function of the compressor is the air pressure that it can make to provide us power to do our job. It is really related to air tools that you use. Check out how much pressure that your air tools require for functioning.
- Safety: Since the compressor absorbs the air and makes pressure, the tank becomes very tight and might explode if there is a very high pressure that the tank cannot handle. For safety, you should look for the tank that made of high-quality steel that can endure high pressure.
After knowing the requirements of you works above, you can move to the review of most well-known quiet air compressor of 2016.
Hyundai HHC8QCC 8 gallon Ultra-Quiet Portable Electric Air Compressor
Here we go, the first product is the 10th best quiet air compressor, Hyundai HHC8QCC. This year, 2016, Hyundai has put lots of effort in producing an HHc8QCC for the best and excellent ultra-quiet portable electric air compressor. By the genius design, the compressor has the minimal footprint of the slim and stands vertically to save space in your garage or vehicle. Moreover, the ergonomic handle is simply removable for effortless transporting or moving around. This ultra-quiet compressor is reduced running volume to conversation level loudness, – 68Dba. It also has a consolidated control panel with angled interface that allows you to use with one hand while standing. Furthermore, you can keep loose hardware and tools within reach in the top inset quick access utility tray.
- Great for indoor spaces including your home, garage, and workshop
- Save space with the vertical stand
- Easy to move around
- Annoying sound of the compressor is low
- Use much electricity
- It is heavy to be picked up to the high place
PowRyte 500144 Elite 3 Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Portable Air Compressor & 2 In 1 Nailer/Stapler Kit
PowRyte is mainly produced to support multiple trim finishing nailers, small framing/roofing jobs and all general inflation, blowing and smaller SCFM air tools. What makes PowRyte so special is that the air pressure is up to 135 PSI max that allows you to drive more nails, and 2.2 SCFM 90 PSI for a quick recovery. The size of 3-gallon tank looks like a vertical pancake for good center of gravity and portable. It is a really big one and the weight is not so heavy either as only 22lbs. In addition, it is very convenience since it is an oil-free and maintenance-free pump. Yet, the compressor includes air tools accessories for inflation tires and sporting goods, blowing the dust off surfaces, and thread sealing tape, such as brad nails to work on household trim, paneling, bookcases, drawers, and cabinets.
- Convenient and portable with just 22lbs heavy and integrated carry handle
- 3-gallon vertical pancake tank size saves much space
- Oil-free and maintenance-free pump
- Allows you to drive more nails and quick recovery
- The air pressure is not very powerful but can be used for most of the jobs
Champion Sports Ultra-Quiet Air Compressor Inflator
A tiny air compressor, Champion Sports Ultra-Quiet Air Compressor Inflator is very well known in any ball game. This small air compressor has a high ability to quickly inflate all your game balls. With a small size of the tank, you can easily take the compressor to your game with a convenient carrying handle. Moreover, it produces ultra-quiet noise while working and CSA approval for safe use. Furthermore, it has a powerful 1.8 HP oil-less compressor, 60 PSI maximum output, and handy pressure gauge, that be perfectly used with hose and needle; it uses only 110 volts AC power cord for a power source. How good it is to have such an air compressor like Champion Sports Ultra-Quiet Air Compressor Inflator to support your flat game ball while it is portable, safe for use, and does not annoy the game with its quietness noise.
- Small tank that is portable and very convenient to carry with a handle
- Make very little noise that won’t disturb others
- The best compressor to inflate ball game
- Not support with air tools that use high air pressure
- Can store little air
Campbell Hausfeld Quiet Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, Half the Noise, All the Power (DC060500)
Campbell Hausfeld Quiet Air Compressor is another most popular air compressor of our review. This quiet air compressor is invented to be one of the most silent air compressors. With just 68 dBa, Campbell Hausfeld works quietly in our busy garage. It is highly recommended for the workplace facing noise problem. The tank shapes like pancake attached with a rubber-grip steel handle that is easy and comfortable to be moved around. With 6 gallons, 125 Max PSI, and 2.4 CFM @ 90 PSI, the air compressor helps you finish your projects faster and easier. It is strong enough to do various works such as inflation, hobby Painting, stapling/fastening and nailing. It is an oil-free air compressor and maintenance free pump for convenient on-going use.
- Up to 50% quieter than comparable compressors
- Powerful air pressure by 6 gallons, 125 Max PSI, and 2.4 CFM
- Expert in inflation, hobby Painting, stapling/fastening and nailing
- Tank size is not really big for storing plenty of air
DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor
Welcome to our 6th best quiet air compressor of 2016, DEWALT 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor. In order to keep the air compressor more and more quiet in operation, DEWALT 200 PSI has tried so hard to lower the quietness to 71.5 dB that it becomes one of the quietest air compressors. This durable, oil free pump offers extended maintenance-free operation. In addition, it is able to deliver 3.0 SCFM with 90 PSI pump. Yet, it has 200 PSI max and 2.5 gallons. With 12 amps draw motor, it offers the user an easy start-up and reduces breaker tripping. As for comfortable and convenient in moving the air compressor, the engineer has made it to 36 lbs lightweight and 12.5” thin.
- Quiet operation at 71.5 dB
- Lightweight 36 lbs
- Air pressure is as strong as 200 max PSI with 2.5 gallon
- It uses much electricity
California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 1.0-HP 5.5-Gallon Steel Tank Air Compressor
The 5th place of the list goes to The California Air Tools 5510SE Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free Air Compressor. The oil-free pump of California Air Compressor provides cleaner air which helps air tools to operate well. It is able to deliver 3.10 CFM at 40 PSI and 2.20 CFM at 90 PSI, yet it has 120 PSI maximum pressure. This Ultra Quiet Air Compressor is special designed to enlarge duty cycle and allow for longer continuous operation times. During the operation, the ultra-quiet technology has reduced the noise of the compressor to only 60 dBs.
- Less maintenance and costs
- Strong air pressure
- Allow for longer continuous run times
- Consume much electricity
- The tank is big and heavy
Briggs & Stratton 4.5-Gallon Quiet Power Technology Air Compressor 074045-00
Briggs & Stratton Quiet Air Compressor has built mainly to enhance the ability of the air compressor by making it safer, stronger, quieter, and easier. Quiet power technology has made this 4.5-gallon air compressor runs quietly up to 80% quieter than the usual air compressor, yet it lasts 3x longer life than the stand one that you can finish your works freely without the required maintenance of an oil-lubed pump. For easy transporting and storing, this air compressor is attached with rugged wheels and a collapsible handle. You can move your air compressor around to do all your works around your place.
- Up to 80% quieter than standard air compressors
- 3x longer life than standard air compressors
- Oil-free pump
- Not the best choice for works that requires extreme high air pressure
PORTER-CABLE CMB15 150 PSI 1.5 Gallon Oil-Free Fully Shrouded Compressor
1.5 gallon oil-free fully shrouded compressor is well-known for its portable and incredible ability. The tank is in the shroud that allows you to carry easily, includes water drain valve and rubber feet which make you easier and easier to keep your compressor. The pressure of this compressor is as strong as 150 PSI max and can deliver 2.0 SCFM at 90 PSI. Therefore, you can connect to many different types of air tools even for longer tool runtimes, and the compressor can recover quickly. By the durable oil-free pump, you can do all your works with long life compressor that doesn’t need maintenance. More importantly, its low amp 120v allows users to operate the compressor easily in cold weather or with an extension cord.
- Support longer tool runtimes
- Quick compressor recovery
- Good for cold weather or with extension cord
- Not suitable for extremely high-pressure tools
Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon Pancake Compressor
A Little bit different from the previous air compressor, our 2nd most popular quiet air compressor, Bostitch BTFP02012, is one of the quietest air compressors that operates under 78.5 dBA noise level. The disturbing noise from the air compressor is not a problem anymore since Bostitch can do the best to work quietly. By 150 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank and 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump, the compressor quickly recovers and can be used again within few minutes. With concerns of compressor performance, Bostitch air compressor has high flow regulator and couplers to maximize air tool performance. With all great features above, it lasts very long with oil free and maintenance free pump. Moreover, it weighs only 29lb, and it is narrow tank diameter; so that, it is easy to carry or store.
- Oil free and maintenance free pump
- Quiet operation at only 78.5 dBa operational noise level
- Maximize air tool performance with regulator and couplers
- Not the best choice for long hour continuous use
Senco PC1010 1-Horsepower Peak, 1/2 hp running 1-Gallon Compressor
The top 1 of best quiet air compressor of our list called, Senco PC1010 Compressor. With the brilliant work, Senco has made the compressor lightweight and portable for the easiness to carry from site to sites. The compressor’s ability of one horsepower peak, 1/2 horsepower running and one-gallon capacity offers a perfect compressor for a range of renovation and home improvement jobs, as well as for hobbies and crafts. Moreover, its highly air pressure is 4 amps @115 and 120 PSI max output. Significantly, this compressor is able to deliver 20 to 44 drives per minute. It is a small compressor, yet it has many functions that can allow various air tools to work excellently.
- Light weight – only 20 pound
- Capable of delivering 20 to 44 drives per minute
- Best choice for finish and trim work as well as a variety of crafts and hobbies
- Take only 128 seconds to pump up and 35 seconds to recover
- Can be used for only small to medium jobs
- Store little air, so the compressor has to recover frequently
Here is the end of our reviewing 10 best quiet air compressors of 2016. It is the reviewing, yet it might provide your more knowledge about quiet air compressors. Don’t wait for too long or think too much, you can freely choose one best air compressor for your own need.